Why is rhyme helpful?
- Helps children become more able readers
- Helps children improve their memory
- Helps to develop phonic awareness and understanding of sentence structure
- Rhyme makes it more fun, a great way to engage children
- Improves listening skills
- Introduces a world of expression that's fun to create and share.
When entering, remember...
- Only one entry per pupil
- Rhymes of 8 lines
- Rhymes of The Sea
- Rhymes must be the children's own work and should be HANDWRITTEN
- (remember to attach a pupil entry form to each entry.)
- Please keep a copy of the pupils original work.